One of my favorite guilty pleasures is an Almond Joy. They’re creamy, sweet, rich and delicious! But, do you want to know what’s even better? An Almond Joy inspired macro-friendly treat that makes it easy to fit in at the end of the day without undoing your day’s hard work.
Start off with the Double Chocolate Core Cake mix in a mug. Add almonds sliced, or whole. Using whole almonds rather than slivered ones to make it more like the candy bar. However, the slivered almonds add the crunch to every bite!
Add in 3 tbsp of liquid, then microwave for 50-60 seconds.
Now for the topping: mix coconut flakes, almond extract and whip cream.
Spoon the whip cream mix on top of the Core Cake. Almonds can go here if you don't want to mix them in the cake.
Voilà. Dig into a delicious high macro friendly treat!
Almond Joy Core Cake:
- 1 Double Chocolate Core Cake mix
- 5g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5g almonds (whole or slivered)
- 4 tbsp Reddi-wip (coconut or original flavor)
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp liquid
- Put core cake mix in a mug. Add almonds in.
- Mix core cake with liquid.
- Microwave for 50-60 seconds.
- Separately, mix coconut flakes, almond extract and whip cream for topping.
- Add the whip cream mix on top and almonds.
C-30 F-9 P-17